"LANY on Film" by Alana Chen Gardner

July 22, 2016

I had the chance to see LANY, one of my favorite bands, a few weekends ago at World Cafe Live in Philadelphia. While waiting in line, the weather was terrible; it was cold, rainy, and windy, however, when the venue let us wait inside the lobby, we got to hear the soundcheck.

The upstairs stage at World Cafe Live is incredibly small and super intimate! The audience was practically standing on the stage, with no barricade and zero distance between us and the band. Small concerts are absolutely my favorite kind of concerts. It was like we were just hanging out with Paul, Les, and Jake in someone's living room. We sang along and danced our hearts out to every song.
Afterwards, I met and talked to Jake, an incredibly talented and charming musician. He gifted me one of his drumsticks that I now have taped to my wall. I also had the pleasure of hanging out with Paul, who is even taller and more gorgeous in person.

There's no better way to spend a Saturday night than jamming to LANY's dreamy 80's synth-pop with 50 new friends. You'll be reminiscing of adventures you haven't lived yet through rose colored glasses, and daydreaming of sunsets on the beach and the LA palm trees for weeks.

Odessa opening for LANY








follow Alana on instagram @alanacgardner to see more of her photography