"If I Was You I'd Take The Long Way Home" by Allison Tovey

November 11, 2016

My name is Allison Tovey, I'm a nineteen year old photographer and the founder/editor of The Candy Zine and SubCulture Club.

I live in Virginia, which I find wildly boring, and so photography quickly became a way to romanticize the mundane or the run-down and turn boredom into something that feels much more like that monologue at the end of American Beauty rather that just general teen angst. This photo set is called If I Was You I'd Take The Long Way Home named after "April's Daydream" by Dev Hynes from the Palo Alto soundtrack which I was listening to while taking these pictures.



follow Allison on instagram @suzybish0p to see more of her photography
also check out her two zines: @thecandyzine (their websiteand @subculture.club (their website)