Maya Skarzenski

August 12, 2017

I'm a multidisciplinary artist, working mostly in photography and acrylic paint. I grew up on a farm in Quebec. I became interested in fine arts from a young age and decided to pursue a career in the industry. I'm currently studying Painting at OCAD University in Toronto. With my art I often explore themes around the human body. 

With this series, I wanted to explore human shape by applying painting principles to a human subject. In painting, we often talk about mark making and ways of creating lines and shapes in an interesting way. The threads act almost like drawn or painted lines on the face, however they are forced to conform to gravity and the natural shape of the model's face.


to see more of Maya's work, check out her website and follow her on instagram @mayaskarzenski

No Comments

Post a Comment