Personal Shrines vol. 1

October 30, 2017

October is a very special month to us, so we thought that we would create a project just for the spookiest month of the year!

Throughout the month of October we collected submissions revolving around your own personal shrine(s) that you have created for things you love: a favorite musician/artist/celeb, your youth, a crush, a favorite book/movie, your pet, etc.

Here are all of the submissions that we received:

Madelyn Moore
My personal shrines exist inside me. My love and admiration for people I feel a deep connection with, despite never having met them, makes up a huge part of who I am. Some people might find that previous sentence ridiculous, but it’s extremely important to have people in your life to look up to, even if you don’t know them personally. A few people I really admire are: Lorde, Tavi Gevinson, Emma Watson, Rowan Blanchard, Gia Coppola, and the list goes on. All of these people exist somewhere inside me and have molded and shaped me in some way. I truly would not be the person I am today without the things I have learned from them and the inspiration they have given me. I strive to be someone I would want to look up to. Someone the future me would be proud of. And with the help from these talented beings, I’m hopeful that I can make that possible. Despite not having a yphysical, tangible shrine for the people I most admire, their impact on me is apparent in everything I do and in the way I live my life.

Zoë Bridgwater
My room has always been an extension of me in some way as it houses my absolute favorite posters, photos, art, and records. I've slowly added to my walls and bulletin board since middle school and my room has grown into one giant shrine to all of the things and people that I currently love and that I used to love. I took the following photos this past summer with my Diana F+ after thinking about how I will soon have to take apart my shrine and how much I will miss it when I go off to college.

No Comments

Post a Comment