"Rennes, France (2017)" by Emma Banks

January 7, 2018

I want to grow intersectionally and meaningfully. When I studied abroad last summer, I realized how significant cross-cultural education is to me, and the impact a change in scenery had on my psyche. Not only was I constantly surrounded by the ethereal allure of rural France, but I was on my own-- not entirely, but for the most part. Studying abroad taught me independence, the worth of exchanging values and traditions, as well as the power of communication. I learned what it meant to truly immerse oneself the variegated beauty of this world. I hope some of my documentary photography speaks upon the intimate and dreamy way in which I interacted with my surroundings, and the parallel growth in my own perspective.

No Comments

Post a Comment