A Playlist for February by Charlotte Bumgarner

February 28, 2019

To bring February to a close, we asked singer-songwriter Charlotte Bumgarner to create a playlist for us.

"These are some songs I've been listening to throughout the month of February. They are kind of an eclectic group of songs ranging from Joni Mitchell to Bikini Kill. Some of these are old favorites and some are songs that have just been released. I didn't realize until I wrote it out how many local bands I included. Planet What and Downward are local Tulsa bands who deserve more credit than they get! The Phlegms are from Fayetteville and were introduced to me by Kylie from Planet What. I also realized now that I look at it that all the lead singers of these bands are female or nonbinary except Downward. I tend to listen to more female and nonbinary musicians subconsciously. I hope someone finds a new band they love from this playlist!"


Click here to listen to Charlotte's playlist!

Also be sure to check out Charlotte's music on Bandcamp + SoundCloud.

No Comments

Post a Comment