"Golden Girl" by Erin Davis

March 4, 2019

My name is Erin Davis. I am a photographer and creator based out of Atlanta, Georgia, and my work concentrates on the ideas of identity and moments of transition. I work majoritively in film and experiment with alternative processes and concentrated color to visualize emotions and experiences.

This mini-series, titled Golden Girl, observes identity through the lens reflection. I wanted to explore the connections between past, present, and potential relative to one's self, and visualize internal growth. We become some many different people throughout our years it becomes a kaleidoscope of faces, lives, thoughts and emotions, that all coalesce to form one being and one experience. Through this portraiture, the subject and I explored the ideas of transition, who we are relative to who we were, and what that means for who we will become.


Follow Erin on Instagram and check out her website to see more of her work.

No Comments

Post a Comment