"Gauzey" by Anna Esterina Valerin

June 8, 2019

After having sex for the first time, I was a bit baffled. I remember the books I read when I was a kid, where the female protagonist felt “different” after having sex, she felt “changed.” I’ll never forget sitting on my bed, and instead of feeling different, I felt absolutely the same. It was almost disappointing, almost as though I had done something wrong.

This series was shot with the intention of normalizing sex, not only for everyone seeing the photos, but for me as well. The shooting process was perfect: my friend and I in my attic, trying to find different places to throw backdrops on, while she was half naked and laughing. There was something therapeutic and calming about showing skin. It felt absolutely normal.


Follow Anna on Instagram to see more of her work.

No Comments

Post a Comment