"Side Effects May Include" by Claire Donohue

July 13, 2019

! My name is Claire Donohue (she/her) and I'm a Northern California based filmmaker, visual artist, and student. With this short film piece, "Side Effects May Include," I wanted to highlight and intertwine a number of voices sharing intimate experiences with side effects of hormonal birth control. The six minute piece is shot on super 8 film and manually manipulated (with paint, etching, and bleach). It aims to spark a larger conversation about what I think is a generally overlooked part of our reproductive rights / general healthcare system. When I began talking about the project a few months ago I was overwhelmed with the number of immediate responses I got from my community - I hope to continue growing the library of voices and eventually expand the project into a larger archive or website.

 

Follow Claire on Instagram and check out her website and Vimeo to see more of her work.

No Comments

Post a Comment