"Someplace Else" by Armaan Mohan

May 4, 2019

I’m 17 going on 18, and I began my journey with film photography in my art a few months ago. I didn’t realize it until I shot my first roll, but the feeling I get when seeing the pictures I’ve shot for the first time is one of the most exciting feelings I have felt. It’s definitely gotten me through what was quite a hard year. Often, I’d use my imagination and dreams to get away from where I was, even if it was just for a while. There was a time that I would try to sleep as much as I could just to maximize my time dreaming. So organically, my inspiration for my photography was dreams. My goal is for someone to look at the pictures I take and see a dream sequence captured in a simple shot, or maybe get lost in it?

Obviously, I’m not where I want it to be yet, but I’m getting there and this makes me very happy. I’m looking forward to the future, learning and enjoying as I go.


Follow Armaan on Instagram to see more of his work.

No Comments

Post a Comment